Install OpenVPN for Raspbian (Wheezy)
1. Update and restart the Raspberry Pi
sudo rpi-update && sudo reboot
2. Install OpenVPN
sudo apt-get install openvpn unzip
3. Make sure the time zone is correct
Run the command below and go through the configuration prompt to select the correct time zone.
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
4. Download the configuration you want
You need to be logged in to download the configuration files. Once you're logged in, you will find the files here.
5. Enter your login credentials
echo "username" >> /etc/openvpn/credentials
echo "CHANGE TO YOUR PASSWORD" >> /etc/openvpn/credentials
6. Start OpenVPN and see that everything works
sudo openvpn --config /etc/openvpn/ovpn.conf --daemon
7. Verify that the connection was successful
Wait for about a minute after running the last command, then run:
curl https://www.ovpn.com/v1/api/client/ptr | python -m json.tool
You should see something like:
Congratulations! Now your Raspberry Pi will run behind OVPN. The Raspberry Pi will connect automatically when it is started.