This version contains a number of improvements as well as a new
function: Favorites. Favorites can include automatic, manual selections, and even multihop pairings. Connections added to your list of favorites can be quickly connected to by clicking on the favorite location itself in a separate list of saved favorites.
List of changes in v2.9
- New: it is now possible to favorite connections
- New: quick connect to favorite locations
- New: connection page has been redesigned
- Bug fix: fixed an issue with wmic on Windows which would prevent the client from launching
- Bug fix: fixed an error where the client would not automatically reconnect after a key rotation has occurred
- Improvement: submitting a support message from the client no longer contain your username as the subject
- Improvement: improved some error messages in the client to make them easier to understand
- Improvement: improved process for determining best region automatically
How can I update the desktop client?
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 2.9.0
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter your password if asked for it
- Windows users must accept the Wintun driver installation
- As soon as the installation finishes, the new version will launch automatically.
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.
Feedback & issues
We appreciate all feedback. Please report any feedback and issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.