With version 2.6, we've updated OpenVPN to version 2.6.5, as well as ironed out some new and old bugs. We've also added a changelog that will be displayed together with the update prompt in the client so that users will more easily be able to identify changes.
This changelog will be displayed for any new updates after version 2.6. Updating from 2.5 to 2.6 won't display a changelog in the client.
List of changes in v2.6
- Bug fix: fixed an issue where the x86_64 client sometimes upgraded to the x86_32 version
- Bug fix: Custom DNS will now correctly be applied to both WireGuard and OpenVPN connections
- Bug fix: the client will now correctly use custom IPv6 DNS addresses for WireGuard
- Bug fix: manually configured DNS addresses will now correctly be restored upon disconnection when a manual IP configuration has been set in the network settings
- Bug fix: fixed an issue where the OpenVPN TUN driver would fail to install under certain circumstances
- Improvement: OpenVPN updated to version 2.6.5
- New: Changelog for future updates will now be displayed in the client
How can I update the desktop client?
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 2.6.0
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter your password if asked for it
- Windows users must accept the Wintun driver installation
- As soon as the installation finishes, the new version will launch automatically.
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.
Feedback & issues
We appreciate all feedback. Please report any feedback and issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.