Desktop client v1.9.1 is available
Version 1.9.1 contains several major stability and feature improvements as well as some security enhancements.
List of changes in v1.9.1
- Bug fix: resolved an issue that sometimes clicking Quit in the tray menu didn't quit the app properly¨
- Bug fix: resolved an issue where the client fails to update automatically if connect to OVPN when client starts is activated
- Bug fix: resolved an installer issue on Windows 10
- Bug fix: trim spaces in username automatically when authenticating
- Bug fix: stabilized the check to fetch external IP address
- Bug fix: don't reconnect on macOS when connecting an iPhone/iPad through USB
- Bug fix: improved padding for question marks on Settings page
- Bug fix: client could become unresponsive when pressing tab multiple times
- Bug fix: ensure cursor changes shape when hovering over menu
- Improvement: decreased CPU usage for client
- Improvement: randomize server selection if multiple servers have the same load
- Improvement: if OVPN.com is down, the desktop client will still allow users to authenticate and use the desktop client
- Improvement: altered formatting for connection time on Windows when hovering over the icon in the activity bar
- Improvement: on macOS, allow using tun0-tun32 as interface
- Improvement: on Ubuntu, disable possibility to ARP PING users VPN addresses (CVE-2019-14899)
- Improvement: add the VPN connection as a default gateway on Windows to fix issue that some Microsoft products think that the computer is without internet
- Improvement: speed up reconnections on Windows & Ubuntu when going between wireless networks
- Improvement: changed communication in desktop client from websockets to IPC
- New: added toggle for encryption strength, allowing users to decrease it from AES-256-GCM to AES-128-GCM
How can I update the desktop client?
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 1.9.1
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter your password if asked for it
- As soon as the installation finishes the new version will launch automatically.
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.