Version 1.10.0 contains several stability and feature improvements.
List of changes in v1.10.0
- Bug fix: clicking on Connect quickly after boot in conjunction with Choose the best server automatically could lead to connection to a randomized server
- Bug fix: some users failed to sign into the client the first time after boot due to old credentials being stored
- Bug fix: client forgot server choice if Multihop was selected
- Bug fix: if an account had less than 14 hours of subscription time left it was displayed as expired
- Bug fix: the update prompt on Ubuntu has been increased so the entire version number fits
- Bug fix: connection time was reset after 24 hours
- Bug fix: DEV servers aren't listed anymore in the server list
- Improvement: decreased CPU usage for client
- Improvement: charts on Statistics load quicker
- Improvement: clarified installation and uninstallation logs (only stored locally unless sent to us for debugging)
- Improvement: the installer can successfully repair a damaged uninstall
- New: included Sentry (crashpad) that reports crashes to our own Sentry hosted instance
- New: installer is localized to additional languages so it's not only available in English
- New: Ubuntu client is built with PIE (position-independent executables)
- New: include support for touchscreens
- New: localized client entirely to Swedish, English, German & Norwegian
How can I update the desktop client?
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 1.10.0
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter your password if asked for it
- As soon as the installation finishes the new version will launch automatically.
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.