We test our desktop client releases extensively across a wide variety of operating systems prior to releasing anything publicly. That has also been the case for v1.5.0 - but it contains several major underlying changes, and we therefore want to release it as a beta first before releasing it as an online update to everyone.
The beta period will last between 2-6 weeks and depending on the results, we might release subsequent versions but also prolong or shorten the beta period.
Please contact us via the support form in the desktop client if you experience any issues. Make sure that "Attach logs & diagnostic data" is checked, so we get the necessary information to debug the issue.
List of changes in 1.5.0-beta
- Bug fix: set correct DNS servers on all enabled network adapters on macOS instead of just one network adapter
- Bug fix: fetch VPN server information properly after the computer has been in sleep mode
- Bug fix: don't display that the VPN connection has been aborted after computer has been in sleep mode and then manually disconnecting
- Bug fix: improve button coloring of the update prompt on macOS when dark theme is used
- Bug fix: the connection timer starts correctly now if "Connect to OVPN when the client starts" is enabled
- Bug fix: prevent issue from occurring when OVPNUninstaller.exe might not have been removed after uninstalling the client
- Bug fix: don't create DNScrypt processes for IPv6 if IPv6 is disabled in client
- Bug fix: items in the menu weren't highlighted properly when launching the client
- Improvement: the stability of the ovpn-daemon has been improved and in case the daemon is terminated or crashed it restarts in less than a second
- Improvement: display VPN server information instantly on connection and add a tiny loading indicator while fetching external IP addresses
- Improvement: when selecting the best server automatically and there are multiple servers with the same load, randomize which server that gets chosen
- Improvement: include the ovpn-daemon log when submitting logs & diagnostic data
- Improvement: include the last 10 log files when submitting logs & diagnostic data
- Improvement: updated from boost 1.64 to boost 1.70
- Improvement: migrated from websocketpp to Boost.Beast
- Improvement: improved accuracy of DNS leak reports
- Improvement: renames TAP adapter to OVPN on Windows
- Improvement: added log line in client.log that details which processor the desktop has
- Improvement: changed application name from "OVPN desktop client" on Windows to "OVPN".
- Improvement: added log line in client.log that details the exact Windows' version that is running (release id)
- Improvement: added log line in client.log that details the rendering engine used
- Improvement: handles reconnects better after a computer comes back from sleep mode