Desktop client v2.2.0: Adblock, Always-on Killswitch, MTU
Version 2.2.0 contains several highly requested features and improvements.
List of changes in v2.2.0
- New: block ads & trackers, or set custom DNS servers
- New: Always-on killswitch which blocks your computer's internet connection all the time, unless connected to OVPN
- New: search for countries, cities and VPN servers in the server list
- New: adjust MTU settings for the VPN connection
- Bug fix: resolved crash on Fedora 36
- Bug fix: resolved issues connecting with Public IPv4 after using Automatic server selection
- Bug fix: resolved issue with high RAM usage on certain Windows machines
- Bug fix: resolved issues with DNS indicator spinning endlessly on certain Windows machines
- Improvement: adjusted installer to not fail if TAP & Wintun adapters already exist on Windows
How can I update the desktop client?
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 2.2.0
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter your password if asked for it
- Windows users must accept the Wintun driver installation
- As soon as the installation finishes, the new version will launch automatically.
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.
Feedback & issues
We appreciate all feedback. Please report any feedback and issues to email@example.com.
- Always-on killswitch blocks communication with ovpn.com. This puts the client in maintenance mode after sleep, restart of the client, or restart of the computer and prevents the creation/renewal of WireGuard keys.
- The M1 (ARM) version of the client can occasionally freeze during connect/disconnect and log in of the client, and has overall reduced performance.