Version 1.8.1 contains several improvements related to user experience when moving between networks as well as security improvements.
List of changes in v1.8.1
- Bug fix: fixed issue installing the client on Ubuntu 18.04
- Bug fix: improved OVPN Service on Windows
- Bug fix: fixed issue that led to people connecting to Australia if the setting Connect to OVPN when client starts is enabled
- Bug fix: fixed issue to client is started properly if Launch OVPN client on boot is enabled
- Bug fix: fixed issue so all characters in a password are handled properly
How can I update the desktop client?
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 1.8.1
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter your password if asked for it
- As soon as the installation finishes the new version will launch automatically.
- Enjoy your privacy!
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.