Desktop client v1.7.1 is available
Version 1.7.1 contains bug fixes that have been reported.
List of changes in v1.7.1
- Bug fix: the issue that some Windows users were experiencing random disconnects due to the killswitch has been resolved
- Bug fix: the browser extension is only displayed as installed if it's actually installed
- Bug fix: if an add-on expires the desktop client will understand that and stop attempting to connect to it.
- Bug fix: hide DEV servers so they're only visible for our developers
How can I update the desktop client?
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 1.7.1
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter your password if asked for it
- As soon as the installation finishes the new version will launch automatically.
- Enjoy your privacy!
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.
We've discussed internally in the team and have decided to remove DNScrypt from the desktop client. We'll still run the DNScrypt servers in our infrastructure for now since it's used by people.
Our reasoning to remove DNScrypt is that it doesn't provide enough additional value for our users - since the VPN connection encrypts the traffic anyway. Furthermore, it causes delays in DNS responses as all DNS requests are sent to Sweden when DNScrypt is enabled - regardless of where the user is located.