The focus of this version has been to bring back and improve a feature we originally removed in version 1.3 of the client: Anonymous Usage Statistics. With this feature enabled, you will send anonymous usage statistics to us, which will help us get better insight into how the client is used to better guide us when improving the client or designing new features. This is an opt-in feature, no information will be sent to us unless you opt in.
This usage data is entirely anonymous and does not include any sensitive information such as your IP address, which server you connect to, or which websites you visit.
For a full list of what data is submitted to us with this option enabled, please refer to the corresponding FAQ article: Explanation: Collect anonymous usage statistics
List of changes in v2.12
- Bug fix: Fixed an issue where ARM versions of the client would not properly submit its logs to us when a message is sent through the Support tab
- New: "Collect anonymous usage statistics" added
- New: Added an opt-in toggle for "Collect anonymous usage statistics"
How can I update the desktop client?
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 2.12.0
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter your password if asked for it
- Windows users must accept the Wintun driver installation
- As soon as the installation finishes, the new version will launch automatically.
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.
Feedback & issues
We appreciate all feedback. Please report any feedback and issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.