We test our desktop client releases extensively across a wide variety of operating systems prior to releasing anything publicly. That has also been the case for v1.7.0 - but it contains several major underlying changes, and we therefore want to release it as a beta first before releasing it as an online update to everyone.
The beta period will last between 2-6 weeks and depending on the results, we might release subsequent versions but also prolong or shorten the beta period.
Please contact us via the support form in the desktop client if you experience any issues. Make sure that "Attach logs & diagnostic data" is checked, so we get the necessary information to debug the issue.
List of changes in 1.7.0-beta
- Bug fix: DNS leak test is quicker and more reliable
- Improvement: migrated from QtWebEngine to QML
- Improvement: VPN server load is refetched every 30 minutes when not connected to a VPN server
- Improvement: renamed Account to Settings in the menu
- Improvement: client is considerably more responsive and requires less resources to run
- Improvement: updated to Qt 5.12.6 for macOS & Linux