Version 1.2.7 of the desktop client contains a fix for an issue with Intel HD Graphics as well as an improvement to automatic server selection.
How can I update the desktop client?
If your current version is v1.2.1 or newer
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 1.2.7
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter password if asked for it
- As soon as the installation finishes the new version will launch automatically.
- Enjoy your privacy!
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.
If you have a version older than 1.2.1
As 1.2.1 was the first version with online update support, you need to install 1.2.7 the old-fashioned way if you're on an older version. You'll find the installers for each operating system below:
- Fixed an issue where the client would not always pick the closest server during automatic server selection
- Fixed an issue where DNScrypt would fail to connect under certain circumstances
- Fixed an issue where the client would fail to launch when using Intel HD Graphics with the latest drivers