Version 1.2.6 of the desktop client includes an update to both DNScrypt and OpenVPN. This update aims to improve stability for OS X and Windows alike.
How can I update the desktop client?
If your current version is v1.2.1 or newer
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 1.2.6
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter password if asked for it
- As soon as the installation finishes the new version will launch automatically.
- Enjoy your privacy!
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.
If you have a version older than 1.2.1
As 1.2.1 was the first version with online update support, you need to install 1.2.6 the old-fashioned way if you're on an older version. You'll find the installers for each operating system below:
- DNScrypt updated to 2.0.14
- OpenVPN updated to 2.4.6
- Mac OS X: Fixed a bug where Proxy process wouldn't always start with DNScrypt active
- "Update" set as the default dialog option
- Windows & Mac OS X: Fixed a bug where DNScrypt would not always set the correct local DNS addresses
- Old deprecated commands removed.