Desktop client v1.6.0 is now available
Version 1.6.0 contains some minor improvements as well as our new logo.
List of changes in 1.6.0
- New: OVPNs new logo is included
- New: the OVPN logo is displayed in the list of installed programs for Windows users
- New: updated dnscrypt-proxy to 2.0.25 for all platforms
- Bug fix: sometimes the client could pick an offline server when choosing the best server available
- Bug fix: the desktop client was minimized when putting a computer into sleep mode
- Bug fix: sometimes the client would report a dns leak when there weren't any dns leaks
- Improvement: OpenVPN configuration files for Ubuntu have all ceritficates inlined now instead of having them as separate files
- Improvement: increase the size of prompt when attempting to close down the client to ensure that all text is displayed properly
- Improvement: order the available countries alphabetically instead of ordering them by their country code
- Improvement: ovpn-daemon doesn't use the Task Scheduler on Windows to start anymore
- Improvement: the communication protocol between the ovpn-daemon and the desktop client has been improved
- Improvement: returning from sleep mode has been improved further
How can I update the desktop client?
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 1.6.0
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter password if asked for it
- As soon as the installation finishes the new version will launch automatically.
- Enjoy your privacy!
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.