Desktop client v2.4: DNS improvements & start minimized
Version 2.4 has had a focus on reworking the way DNS addresses are
handled in the client, as well as some bug fixes and a widely requested
List of changes in v2.4
- Bug fix: DNS is no longer stuck on "Investigating" after successful connection on macOS
- Bug fix: DNS will now correctly be replaced with ours on macOS regardless of network interface
- Bug fix: DNS is now properly restored to previous settings after reconnections
- Bug fix: DNS no longer leaks on Fedora
- Bug fix: no longer throws a "missing packages" error on Ubuntu if resolvconf is missing
- Bug fix: the client should no longer throw a "Limited functionality" message on Linux when the killswitch is triggered
- Bug fix: fixed an issue where the "always-on" killswitch couldn't always be disabled
- Bug fix: "next key rotation" timestamp now show the correct time
- Bug fix: WireGuard keypair internal IP and public key will now always match
- Bug fix: "Minimize to system tray" setting on Linux is now properly remembered across reboot
- Bug fix: the client now properly blocks internet from the moment "Connect" is clicked on subsequent connections, rather than from when a connection has been established
- Bug fix: the client now always properly recognizes its own WireGuard connection after waking up from sleep
- Improvement: reworked how DNS addresses are handled, replaced and restored on all systems
- New: added a "Start minimized" option to the client
How can I update the desktop client?
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 2.4.0
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter your password if asked for it
- Windows users must accept the Wintun driver installation
- As soon as the installation finishes, the new version will launch automatically.
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.
Feedback & issues
We appreciate all feedback. Please report any feedback and issues to email@example.com.