v2.0.4 hides WireGuard from the taskbar in order to reduce confusion for Windows users. This was initially released as v2.0.3, but as an issue was discovered, we reverted the release to resolve it.
List of changes in v2.0.4
- Improvement: no longer adds a separate WireGuard icon to the taskbar
How can I update the desktop client?
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 2.0.4
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter your password if asked for it
- Windows users must accept the Wintun driver installation
- As soon as the installation finishes, the new version will launch automatically.
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.
Feedback & issues
We appreciate all feedback. Please report any feedback and issues to email@example.com.