Desktop client v2.0.0-beta: WireGuard
We are ready to onboard interested users in participating in the beta test for desktop client v2.0.0 which also has WireGuard integrated. There have also been some changes in the design for the desktop client, but it will be changed further on to improve the visuals.
There is no support for Public IPv4 and Multihop when using WireGuard in this version of the desktop client. Public IPv4 with WireGuard in the desktop client will be integrated after the initial stable release.
It is highly recommended to enable the Beta setting to automatically receive additional updates.
List of changes in v2.0.0-beta
- New: WireGuard is included
- New: added a Beta setting that allows users to participate in betas prior to stable release
- Bug fix: localized city names for all languages
- Bug fix: remove hard coded device limit of 4 in error messages
- Improvement: updated OpenVPN to 2.5.5
- Improvement: updated layout, but more improvements await
- Improvement: increased stability
How can I update the desktop client?
This beta requires a manual install. Subsequent betas afterwards can be installed automatically as long as "Receive beta updates" has been enabled in settings.
Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave: https://files.ovpn.com/client/2.0.0-beta2/OVPN-macos-6-22.214.171.12472.zip
High Sierra, Sierra: https://files.ovpn.com/client/2.0.0-beta2/OVPN-macos-5-126.96.36.19972.zip
Ubuntu 20 and newer: https://files.ovpn.com/client/2.0.0-beta2/OVPN-linux-6-188.8.131.5272.run
Feedback & issues
We appreciate all feedback. Please report any feedback and issues to email@example.com.