List of changes in the 1.4.2 version
- Bug fix: show error message during installation in case the installer is on a network drive
- Bug fix: reconnects works properly after the computer has been in sleep since the client no longer removes the password file for the OpenVPN management interface
- Bug fix: the path to OVPNUninstaller.exe in the client log has been corrected
- Bug fix: the checkbox for logs & diagnostics when sending a support message is now visible on macOS
- Improvement: updated Qt to 5.12.3 for macOS
- Improvement: removed unnecessary language files from the installer
- Improvement: the maintenance tool (OVPNUninstaller.exe) is now codesigned using our certificate
- Improvement: updated Qt Installer Framework to 3.1.1
- Improvement: added a shortcut in the start menu for all users on Windows computers
- Improvement: increased the reliability of DNS leak results by decreasing the risk of false positives
How can I update the desktop client?
If your current version is v1.2.1 or newer
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 1.4.2
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter password if asked for it
- As soon as the installation finishes the new version will launch automatically.
- Enjoy your privacy!
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.
If you have a version older than 1.2.1
As 1.2.1 was the first version with online update support, you need to install 1.3.2 the old-fashioned way if you're on an older version. You'll find the installers for each operating system below: