List of changes in 1.5.2
- Bug fix: it's possible to scroll in the list of available countries
- Bug fix: set correct DNS servers on all enabled network adapters on macOS instead of just one network adapter
- Bug fix: fetch VPN server information properly after the computer has been in sleep mode
- Bug fix: don't display that the VPN connection has been aborted once computer comes back from sleep after a manual disconnect
- Bug fix: improve button coloring of the update prompt on macOS when dark theme is used
- Bug fix: the connection timer starts correctly now if "Connect to OVPN when the client starts" is enabled
- Bug fix: prevent issue from occurring when OVPNUninstaller.exe might not have been removed after uninstalling the client
- Bug fix: don't create DNScrypt processes for IPv6 if IPv6 is disabled in client
- Bug fix: items in the menu weren't highlighted properly when launching the client
- Improvement: the killswitch in Windows is now based on WFP which means that it's more efficient and works regardless of the firewall installed on the system
- Improvement: returning from sleep mode is more stable. There's still work to do here, but we've performed several improvements.
- Improvement: notarization of the macOS client has been implemented to ensure that it functions properly on macOS Catalina
- Improvement: the stability of the ovpn-daemon has been improved and in case the daemon is terminated or crashed it restarts in less than a second
- Improvement: display VPN server information instantly on connection and add a tiny loading indicator while fetching external IP addresses
- Improvement: when selecting the best server automatically and there are multiple servers with the same load, randomize which server gets chosen
- Improvement: include the ovpn-daemon log when submitting logs & diagnostic data
- Improvement: include the last 10 log files when submitting logs & diagnostic data
- Improvement: updated from boost 1.64 to boost 1.70
- Improvement: migrated from websocketpp to Boost.Beast
- Improvement: improved accuracy of DNS leak reports
- Improvement: renamed TAP adapter to OVPN on Windows
- Improvement: added log line in client.log that details which processor the computer is using
- Improvement: changed application name from "OVPN desktop client" on Windows to "OVPN".
- Improvement: added a log line in client.log that details the exact Windows version that is running (release id)
- Improvement: added a log line in client.log that details the rendering engine used
- Improvement: use tls-crypt for the VPN server in Singapore instead of tls-auth
There are still some known issues regarding waking up from sleep. We're working on fixing those until the next release.
How can I update the desktop client?
- Launch client
- You will now see a notification pop up asking you if you wish to update to version 1.5.2
- Wait for the installation to finish and enter password if asked for it
- As soon as the installation finishes the new version will launch automatically.
- Enjoy your privacy!
If for some reason the online update fails
If something goes wrong, simply close the desktop client and install it manually.
The download links for each operating system can be found below.